Monday, March 3, 2008

The 2-Week Challenge, Day One

It was a rough and busy weekend, but I still managed to whip up my brown rice last night (Sunday) and cook asparagus and turkey burgers...now I am WAYYY to tired to do any prep, so it's GRAB N GO tomorrow, but I have some good staples ready.

Today went better than anticipated and it seemed right to be on a "plan" of action to eliminate some of the garbage and clean up the nutrition. Had some very positive comments from a few of the gals this morning and afternoon and all I can add is...

I am very excited for you and proud of your diligence in preparing and making a great go on the first day!!

I drank 2 black coffees which was something I hadn't done for a while! I even managed later to sit in my Starbucks office and NOT do the latte. It was an Americano, plus I used the fancy-schmancy machine at home and saved more than $4!!

My day's meals consisted of:

7am
----
Turkey meat
Carrots
Brown rice
Water
Coffee
EFA
Joint repair
Multi

11:00am
---------
Turkey burger
Asparagus
Tomatoes
Water

1:30pm
--------
Turkey meat
Carrots
Tomatoes
Coffee
EFA

4:00pm
--------
Turkey burger
Asparagus
Brown rice
Water

5:00pm
--------
Pre-workout amino acids protein

7:00pm
--------
Post-workout amino acids protein

7:30pm
--------
Salmon, tuna sashimi
Steamed broccoli
White rice
Water
EFA
Joint repair

9:30pm
--------
2 cookies n creme Tums for flavor!

Not too bad for day one. Honestly, it felt good to be working towards a goal for a change and the cooler has always been a part of my day, now it's a different animal inside!

Tomorrow I am going for oatmeal pancakes as I picked up some Torani "French Vanilla" sugar-free syrup, just incase I wanted a splash of sweet!

Feel free to share your comments.........

Keep it up!

Beth

No comments:

Post-Thanksgiving Tidbits and Recipes

Making the best of time away from work and with family, I traveled several miles to visit my family and have a special holiday celebrating m...