Monday, November 11, 2019

Navigating Vegan Nutrition in a World of Animals and Animal Products


Veteran's Day!  Thank you for your service, Dad, my dear husband, my late uncles, and dear friends.  

Living in the beautiful wine country of Willamette Valley, I am constantly reminded of nature and the beauty of creatures who simply graze and go about their day.  It's a peaceful morning and I am feeling energized to do some healthy food prep for the week.

But first, some delicious, hot veggies for energy!  


O = organic
PF = preservative-free

O-Baby Spinach, O-Beefsteak Tomatoes, O-Crimini Mushrooms, PF-Kalamata Olives, O-Durant Estate Blend Olive Oil, Red Ridge Farms Truffle Salt, O-Garlic, O-Pepper

What spinach?  Ever notice how a mountain of spinach sauteed becomes a tiny portion?  I started with adding about 6 cups of raw baby spinach to the sauteed mushrooms and olive oil, along with some fresh-pressed garlic.  Then I added diced Kalamata olives and diced tomatoes.  Topped it off with the delicious olive oil and truffle salt.  Super savory!

After about 8 months of eating mostly Vegan (with a touch of Vegetarian), a family emergency sent me out of state and in a hospital, helping my loved one recover.  The food choices were less-than-desired and I found myself having a few bits of chicken and bacon.  The downward spiral of even just a few amounts of animal protein made me feel horrible, my sleep was poor, and I couldn't wait to get back on track.

I will be sharing my journey and some recipes.  If you have questions, please reach out!

Godere di buona salute!  Grazie!

Beth

#spinachsaute
#vegan
#trufflesalt
#durantoliveoil
#foodprep
#pintobeans

No comments:

Post-Thanksgiving Tidbits and Recipes

Making the best of time away from work and with family, I traveled several miles to visit my family and have a special holiday celebrating m...